New for 2007
The Flycast is a hybrid large arbor fly reel that is simply a lot of reel for the money! The drag system is based on a time proven design that is dependable, smooth and has an infinite range of adjustment. Each reel in this series is designed with a unique diameter and width to maximize the properties of drag consistency and line retrieval.
Ross engineers spent considerable time refining this drag design to guarantee a low maintenance, high performance drag system that is truly outstanding. The first time you pick up a Flycast reel, you will be amazed with its quality in manufacturing tolerance, performance and sound. In fact, when you compare this series to similarly priced reels, and even more expensive products, you will be amazed at just how much reel you are getting for your money.
The Flycast series is the obvious choice for anglers who demand high-quality tackle at an affordable price.
The Flycast series of fly reels come with the following standard features:
- Manufactured out of 6061 - T6 aircraft quality aluminum
- Self-lubricating, synthetic drag system that is virtually maintenance free
- Electrostatically coated for the perfect balance of hardness and color
- Seamless transition between line-in and drag engagement (no start-up friction)
- Quick release locking spool
- Easy left-hand to right-hand retrieve conversion
- Exposed spool rim for palming
- FRAME/SPOOL MATERIAL 6061-T6 aluminum alloy
- MAUNFACTURING SPECIFICATIONS Gravity fed - cast aluminum, 1 piece frame, 2 piece assembled spool, machine finished
- DRAG MATERIAL Delrin 500P - space-age polymer that is durable, heat resistant, self lubricating and maintenance free
- DRAG ENGAGEMENT SYSTEM Delrin 500P interface - offset gear-to-gear disc drag engagement
- ESCAPEMENT SYSTEM One-way spindle clutch gear
- SPOOL ROTATION MECHANISM Oil impregnated bronze bushings rotating on a stainless steel spindle
- FINISH Corrosion resistant electrostatic coating
- NUMBER OF REELS IN SERIES 4
- FLY ROD COVERAGE 3wt. - 8wt.
- FISHING APPLICATION Designed for use in all freshwater and warmwater fishing environments
- AVAILABLE COLORS Black and Titanium
Ross Flycast Fly Reels