Learn how to tie some of the finest flies ever. Then go ot on the water and learn how to present and fish the fly. Borski reveals how to tie 5 of his "go to" backcountry patterns. Easy to learn, step-by-step tying sequences. Tips on how to present & fish them with live action "on the water" footage.
WHAT THE EXPERTS ARE SAYING:
- The Green Zima — this fly is designed for tarpon and is an excellent example of an effective migrating tarpon fly. The fishing sequence shows extraordinary shots of traveling tarpon and explains the most effective presentations to take these magnificent fish.
- The "Laid-Up" Tarpon Fly — a sleeping tarpon requires a different approach. The fly must provide maximum motion with the least forward motion. You want the fly to hang in his face and wiggle. This fly is highly animated and lands with a seductive splat. You will see Tim fish this fly for some high jumping tarpon action.
- The Haystack — this simple fly is designed for sight fishing, and is incredibly effective for all the "back country" species. The tying sequence is capped by a fishing sequence that includes some incredible snook bites that prove this fly's effectiveness.
- The Big Orange — what can you say it is a monster fly for a monster fish. Designed for hard charging sharks, the tying principles and rigging of this fly can be adapted to many big game situations. You will witness Tim using this fly to subdue a monster tiger shark, that eventually loses his lunch—you won't believe what he was eating!
- The Chernobyl Crab — originally designed for bonefish this crabby creation has proven its effectiveness around the globe for a multitude of species. Any game fish that eats a crab will be fair game for the Chernobyl Crab. This fly can be tweaked in a variety of ways to suit your situations. Tim then shows you how to fish this fly in current for tarpon.
"Tim Borski is without question the most imaginative tyer of fish food on planet earth. Trust me on this one...you can get in lots of trouble by watching this video!" - Flip Pallot
"Tim Borski is an excellent fly tyer who has developed a number of innovative & effective flies. I know this video will help you catch more fish." - Lefty Kreh
"A true artist and great angler. Tim eloquently explains the tying sequences and then shows you how to fish each fly in exciting fishing clips. A must for any saltwater angler." - Chico Fernandez
"You will not only learn how to tie some of the finest tarpon flies ever, but also how to present and fish the fly after it is in the water. I have been fishing for tarpon for 50 years and I will enjoy watching this video over and over." - Stu Apte
"Here's a chance to learn some really super patterns from a true fly tying innovator." - Sandy Morel