The Guide Fly Fishing Vest by Filson
This highest quality fly fishing vest was picked "Best" by Gray’s Sporting Journal author James Babb after a season of angling.
Tons of pockets. A huge easy-to-reach open back pocket with a large snap pocket above.
Five pockets on the front. A sunglass pocket lined with moleskin for protection. A Camera Pocket, and three large fly box pockets. Plenty of inside pockets positioned for easy access.
Brass zippers with leather pulls and snaps that open and close with one hand… sturdy enough for a lifetime of use.
||Quantity in Basket:
Sorry, This item has been Discontinued
Color: Olive Green
Note: Dry Finish Cover Cloth, 6 oz. 100% cotton, 2 ply by 2 ply, treated with durable water repellent and stain resistant finish
Weight: 1.5 lbs. (approx.)
The vest designed by professional fly fishing guides
Filson got together a group of people who guide for a living and asked them what they've always wanted in a vest. The result -- the ultimate fly fishing vest. Machine wash/line dry. Water repellent, made in USA of imported cotton. Loaded with professional-level features.
Filson vests are generously sized. Your suit size would normally be your correct size. If you intend to layer heavily underneath your Filson vest, we recommend that you order one size larger than your suit size.
- Made of Dry Finish water resistant All Cotton Cover Cloth so it breathes, offering abrasion resistance and comfort in warm weather
- Action back allows complete freedom of arm movement, and distributes weight evenly across shoulders
- Moleskin-lined collar cushions the weight of a fully loaded vest to resist chafing on your neck
- Removable sheepskin shawl patch for flies snaps on and off
- Secure your fly rod against your chest with the fabric sling and snap tab to free up your hands
- 2 extra large, front-loading body pockets with snap closure to prevent cargo from falling out
- 2 large front pockets, each approximately 9" x 6" x 2": Two-way brass zippers with leather pulls, Each pocket has 4 dividers inside
- 4 bellows pockets with one-hand snap flaps on the outside of the front pockets
- Two-compartment bellows pocket with snap flap on left chest for extra fly boxes or spools
- 2 utility slots for thermometer, pencil flashlight, or other accessories
- Grommet tab on right chest for lanyards or zingers
- 4 inside flat pockets with snap flaps (2 on each side) are perfect for storing tippets and leaders
- Inside zippered security pocket
- Large open pouch on back for lunch, thermos, hat, or wading jacket
- Large bellows pocket with snap flap on outside of back pouch
- Brass-plated D-ring on back to anchor your landing net (compatible with magnetic clips)
- 2-button front closure allows tightest fit
- Snap-tab front closure has 2 snaps to adjust fit of vest to accommodate cargo or extra clothing
- Snap tab on each hip cinches the vest tighter around the waist when it is not fully loaded
- All hardware is brass-plated or nickel-plated to resist rust and corrosion
- All flapped pockets have one-hand snap closure
- All bottom pockets have brass grommets for water drainage
- Total of 30 different pockets!
- Made in USA
- Upper pocket on the right is actually two pockets: one for a camera, the other for 2 rolls of film.
- To the side are two slot pockets for flashlight and thermometer.
- Adjustable side straps help keep weight of fully loaded vest on hips.
- Two large zippered front pouches each have four interior pockets for small fly boxes and an open section for large boxes. Four front exterior pockets have room for flyboxes and reels.
- All pockets have snaps that open and close with one hand.
- Two-way brass zippers resist rust and corrosion, have leather pulls.
- Middle left-hand pocket has double compartment for additional fly boxes and spools.
- Two full-panel, side-entry pockets are very roomy, snap closed.
- Upper left-hand pocket is deep enough for wrap-around style sunglasses, and is lined with soft cotton Moleskin.
Customers who bought this also bought:
Product Screen Tutorial|
| Adding Products to Basket |
Making a purchase online begins with adding products to your basket.
Click on the Add to Basket button to select the item for purchase.