New for 2007
The Flystart is a hybrid large arbor fly reel that is inexpensive, yet built with the same commitment to quality and performance as all Ross reels. The drag system is Ross designed to be smooth, consistent and have a wide range of adjustment.
Fly fishing is a sport that everyone can enjoy, but for many people, the price of fly tackle is often a barrier to participation. The Ross team was committed to producing an introductory priced fly reel that would perform to the expectations of even the most experienced angler, and the Flystart series perfectly meets this goal.
You will be amazed with its quality in manufacturing tolerance, performance and sound. The Flystart is a great fly reel for first-time fly fishing participants that demand quality but do not want to spend a fortune gearing up to fish.
The Flystart series of fly reels come with the following standard features:
- Manufactured out of 6061 - T6 aircraft quality aluminum
- Self-lubricating, synthetic drag system that is virtually maintenance free
- Electrostatically coated for the perfect balance of hardness and color
- Seamless transition between line-in and drag engagement (no start-up friction)
- Quick release locking spool
- Easy left-hand to right-hand retrieve conversion
- Exposed spool rim for palming
- FRAME/SPOOL MATERIAL 6061-T6 aluminum alloy
- MAUNFACTURING SPECIFICATIONS Gravity fed - cast aluminum, 1 piece frame, 2 piece assembled spool, machine finished
- DRAG MATERIAL Delrin 500P - space-age polymer that is durable, heat resistant, self lubricating and maintenance free
- DRAG ENGAGEMENT SYSTEM Delrin 500P interface - offset gear-to-gear disc drag engagement
- ESCAPEMENT SYSTEM Pawl engagement
- SPOOL ROTATION MECHANISM Oil impregnated bronze bushings rotating on a stainless steel spindle
- FINISH Corrosion resistant electrostatic coating
- NUMBER OF REELS IN SERIES 4
- FLY ROD COVERAGE 3wt. - 8wt.
- FISHING APPLICATION Designed for use in all freshwater and warmwater fishing environments
- AVAILABLE COLORS Black and Titanium